Friday 27 May 2016

Amazing Acla Da Fans Tasting

In another article that I published at the end of march I wrote about a memorable whisky tasting that I attended. The tasting was organized by Acla Da Fans, a Swiss whisky retailer and a lot of people that I know through an online forum attend these events. Those who read that article might remember that I was absolutely amazed by this night and that's why I also attended their most recent tasting that took place this week. This time though I wasn't alone because I took my highschool buddy Pascal and his friend Chantal who both are relatively new to whisky with me.
Another thing that I took with me was some samples of whisky because at those tastings everyone brings a few samples to share with other people which makes those nights so fantastic.

Here are the whiskies that we tasted:
  • Aultmore 12 years, 46%
  • Bladnoch Acla Selection, Barrel, 1990-2015, 25 years, 52.2%
  • Benrinnes Signatory Vintage, 1995-2013, 17years, Hogshead no. 5883, 50.4%
  • Kilchoman Sanaig, 46%
  • Craigellachie 17 years, 46%
  • Arran Acla Selection, Refill Sherry, 1997-2014, 17years, 51.6%
  • Midleton Dair Ghaelach, Tree9, Grinsell's Wood, 15 years, 58.2%
  • Lagavulin Special Edition 2014, 12 years, 54.4%
Then there were also some samples that people gave me to taste:
  • Very Rare Old Liqueur Scotch Whisky, High Spirit's Collection, 1968-2001, 33years, 54.8%
  • 5 year old Highland whisky from an undisclosed distillery, Wine Cask 
  • Ardmore 5 years old
  • Laphroaig 10 Cask Strength, Batch 008, seasoned charred oak barrels, 59.2%
  • Bunnahabhain Signatory Vintage, 1979-2011, 31 years, Sherry Butt no. 9523, 50.0%
The tasting was great and I also got to meet some nice people. The hosts Stefan and Bettina did a fantastic job and it has been a true pleasure to meet them again. Pascal and Chantal both really enjoyed the night and I think this helped them to get into whisky even more. I really look forward to attending another Acla tasting in August.

Cheers, U

Some Impressions:










No comments:

Post a Comment